Joint meeting between CBI Board and Technical Committee
CBI Board of Directors and Technical Committee had a 2 days working meeting on 20-21 September in Sondrio, Italy during the European Bocce Championship. The first day, general discussions with the participation of the head delegations took place. The second day the meeting was solely between the board of directors and the technical committee.
In the meetings, the statute revision was discussed detailly. The revised statute (in Italian and English) which would be up to date and parallel to all other modern sport organizations is planned to be voted in the extraordinary general assembly of CBI to be held in Argentina in March 2019 and adopted afterward.
Office to be kept in the same address
CBI office is going to be kept in the same address in Switzerland and General Director of CBI, Alessandro BIANCHI, is going to be responsible for all official correspondences.
CMSB General Assembly will be held in Lausanne on 9-10 November 2018. In the assembly, there will be elections for the president and also a detailed discussion on the Olympic bid for 2024 Paris Summer Olympic Games. CBI principally decides that Raffa would be included in the bid file. CBI president Mutlu Turkmen, deputy president Moreno Rosati, and vice president Alberto H. Limardo are going to represent CBI in the general assembly.
Asian-Oceanian Championship and Confederation
CBI Board of Directors approved the organization of the new continental championship and the foundation assembly of the continental confederation. According to this approval, the 1st Asian-Oceanian Bocce Championship will be played on 1-4 December 2018 in New Delhi, India, and the foundation assembly of the Asian-Oceanian Bocce Federation will be organized during the same period.
New technical regulations
During the meeting, there were also concrete decisions taken on technical regulations which will be adopted starting from the World Championship in Argentina.
- Competitions will be played with time limits. (45 minutes in all eliminations and ranking tours; and 60 minutes during the final phase)
- The player will have 30 seconds to use the ball. If the player doesn't play in time, the used ball will be canceled.
- Groups of 4-5 will be used in the competitions as it is in Lyonnaise and Petanque (First matches will be played according to the drawing; second matches will be played between 2 winners and 2 losers; winner of 2 winners will be the group head, and loser of the winners will play repechage match with the winner of 2 losers. The winner of the repechage match will be ranked 2nd in the group.)
- All the players will be able to use their own balls if only the host doesn't deliver free balls. If any team doesn't have balls, the organizer has to supply fixed balls on the courts for their use. All the balls must have 107 mm diameter for both male-female players. If 2 teams have the same color balls, it will be decided by drawing.
- There will be 2 bronze medals delivered in each discipline.
- In Argentina, 3 disciplines (single man, single woman, mixed-doubles) will be played. After then, all competitions will be played in 5 disciplines including also double men and double women.
- There will be a country (team) ranking according to the results of all disciplines played and the first three countries will be awarded cups and their players with medals.
- There will be at least 2 international referees which are not from the host country.
- 1 or 2 days before the world championship and other organizations, a referee seminar for the local referees is planned to be organized.
- Separate committees will be created for Coaching&Education with the coordination of Technical Committee and starting from next year, International Referee and International Coaching seminars will be held and successful participants will be awarded CBI certificate.
- In the coming days, the technical committee will work on championship bylaws, technical rules, new modules of Raffa Games (precision shooting, progressive shooting, and short Raffa).